As a general statement, we believe that your insurance should not be affected. When you drive your car, you are covered under your existing policy. However, when a renter uses your car through the RentMyRide platform, we make available our fully comprehensive insurance policy to protect both you and the renter. Also see ‘How does your insurance work’. If the renter gets into an accident, our insurance policy will go into effect, which should leave your personal policy untouched. Your policy likely has a specific exclusion for coverage when you rent out your car, which is precisely why RentMyRide has purchased this comprehensive insurance policy for you

Did this answer your question?