RentMyRide is not only a platform, but also a community of like-minded individuals, working together to make the world a little greener and transportation a little smarter. As such, it’s critical that you treat your renters with the utmost respect.
Make sure you:
- Create a comprehensive description of your car and special things the renter should be aware of — this will streamline the process for both you and your renters.
- Promptly accept or decline Pending Trips (if you don’t respond in less than 48 hours, the request will automatically expire, and after 2 expirations, your car may be removed from the marketplace).
- Respond promptly and courteously to renter inquiries.
- Be on time for the key exchange at pick up and return.
- Keep your car clean, well-maintained and smoke-free.
- Remove any personal belongings (they are not covered for replacement)
- Verify the driver’s license of the renter at the start of the trip*.
- Use the Trip Checklist to document fuel level, kilometers, and any damage to the car before and after the trip.
- Leave feedback after every rental.
- Be nice and follow the community rules!
Read more about our special maintenance requirements here. If the car fails due to mechanical problems, you are responsible for it, including all associated costs.
*When checking the renter’s driver’s license, please ask the renter if you can keep a copy for your records. The renter may comply or seek an alternative to preserving his/her privacy (e.g., blocking out some of her personal information). You have the right to refuse the trip if they do not wish to allow you to make a copy or take a photograph of the license, but we ask that you try to find a compromise.